Transferring your domain registration to Acenet
ACENET IS NO LONGER ACCEPTING DOMAIN TRANSFERS.
Effective April 11th, 2017: Acenet is no longer accepting orders for domain transfers.
Acenet recommends Amazon Route 53 for domain transfers.
Things to know before initiating a Domain Registration Transfer
- Registrars will not allow a domain name to be transferred away until that domain name has been registered for at least 60 days. You may want to contact your current registrar for details prior to requesting the domain transfer.
- When the domain name transfer is complete, an additional year of registration is added to the domain name's registration period. However, due to a global registry restriction, domains that are transferred within the first 45 days of their renewal will not have the additional year added to their registration.
- Once a domain transfer is initiated, neither the gaining nor the losing registrar will be able to make changes to the domain (such as changing the name servers the domain is pointing to) while the transfer is processing. The transfer process may take up to 2 weeks to be completed. So, please be sure your domain is pointing to the right server before initiating the transfer.
Once you have ensured the domain is pointed to the right server, please proceed with the following steps to transfer your domain registration to Acenet.
Preparing your Domain for Transfer
To ensure a smooth and successful domain registration transfer, there are a few conditions which must be met:
- The domain name is not expired and will not expire within two weeks.
- The domain is "Unlocked" at the current registrar.
- Whois Privacy Service is deactivated, if the domain name has Whois Privacy Service setup.
- You have access to the registrant email address.
- The domain name is pointing to the correct server (Nameservers).
- You have the EPP/authorization code.